Essay on My School Library
School library is the place where wide range of academic books and resources are available. The books are made available to all the students throughout the year to increase knowledge, understanding and performance on various subjects. School library is essential for learning and teaching process. Library facilitates each student with access to essential resources and learning material for a smooth learning process. It plays a vital role in student’s life. The design, modern tools and strategies of the school libraries change with the changing times.
The types of books we can have access to in school libraries are, fiction books, non-fiction books, reference books, literature books, biographies, General Knowledge books, Fables and folktales, cookbooks and craft books, poetry books, books in a series, wordless books and so on.
Importance of School Library
Facilitates and provides suitable and flexible learning space for students. These days libraries are equipped with digital tools and technologies which make it easy and fast to research on the subjects.
It provides us with quality fiction and nonfiction books that encourage us to read more for pleasure and enrich our intellectual, artistic, cultural, social and emotional growth.
The ambiance of the school library is perfect for learning without getting disturbed. This makes it easy for us to learn and grasp faster.
We can borrow the books as per our requirement for further learning at home. Apart from the books on various subjects we can also borrow books of our interest such as story books, biographies, comic books and novels.
We can improve our general knowledge by reading GK books. It helps in the development of mind and boosts our confidence.
With in-depth knowledge on the subjects of interest we get insight of new and more interesting dimensions.
We can take reference from a wide range of books to complete our school assignments. We can also refer books for making notes and preparing for exams. It also helps in developing vocabulary, reading and writing skills.
Provides teachers the access to professional development, relevant information and reference material to plan and implement effective learning programs.
Collaborates with the teachers for effective learning plan and implementation of the programs that help us acquire skills, collect and evaluate information and solve problems.
School library is helpful to every member of school community whether its students, teachers or any other staff member. It helps gain skills and knowledge for personal development.
School library has a positive impact on the academic performance of the students. It helps us develop the overall skills necessary to succeed in modern day digital and social environment. It is important to develop the habit of visiting library regularly.
Whatever we learn in classrooms should be supplemented with reading and research done in library. This will make studies more interesting and profound. The range and quality of books available in libraries is the best. As a student we can’t buy or have access to such wide range of books elsewhere. Thus, libraries play a vital role in our studies. The knowledge that we gain remains with us for life time.
My School Picnic
I was in standard 3rd when my school had arranged a picnic to Kamla Nehru zoo situated besides Kankaria Lake, Ahmedabad. Being a kid, I was extremely excited for the picnic. A day before picnic I went to the nearby shop with my father to buy some snacks for the picnic. I bought a packet of chips, cookies, soya sticks and few packets of chewing gum.
My School Picnic to Zoo
This was probably the only day in the whole year when I would pack my things up the previous night, obviously because I didn’t want to get late on the picnic day. After making my things ready I made a conference call with my friends. We discussed about how excited we all were for our picnic. We fixed the time we were going to catch up the next day.
I was up before the alarm despite not being able to sleep until late at night. I got to school at around 7am in the morning, half an hour prior to the reporting time. We had to be in pair on this day, which was decided on the basis of roll numbers, luckily for me I partnered up with Manan whose number was right next to me. Singing, dancing, playing we travelled the road till the destination. We were served ice-cream as soon as we got there. We were all excited to step in the zoo.
First of all we had to enter the bird section where we saw a number of varied and beautiful birds. Toucan, a black and yellow coloured bird with a large beak, kingfisher a little bird with most vivid colours, Hornbill a beautiful bird with a horn like thing on its head and albatross a fine white and black coloured with aquatic habitat were some of the birds we saw. We also saw deer, hippopotamus, fox, wolf, alligator, crocodile, wild ass, yellow python snake, bear and many more. But our favourite ones were still left, where we had to visit after the lunch.
Finally, after the lunch it was the time for which we were all so excited about – to see the fastest animal cheetah, the national animal tiger and of course the king of the jungle, lion. We also saw jaguar and leopard. We were done with the zoo at around 3 in the afternoon, and we had time until 5 pm so the teachers decided to take us all to have a look around at Kankaria Lake. It was a beautiful place.
We sat on a mini toy train there which took us on a ride around the lake. After everyone completed the ride, it was almost 5 which was the time to leave for home. Teachers started counting the number of students, which brought them to the conclusion that one kid from our class has been missing. The teachers panicked however they were finally able to find Hussain, the lost one after 10 minutes of search operation.
Today, it might be a mere picnic to a zoo, but when I remember back I realized how these little things used to make me happy.
Reading is Good Habit
Reading is one of the most important habits one needs to develop in life. It is rightly quoted that books are your best companions. Good books can inform you, enlighten you and lead you to the right direction. There is no better companion than a good book. Books give you a whole new experience. Developing reading habit from early age leads to enduring love for books.
Why is Good Reading Habit Important?
1) Sharpens your Mind: Reading is vital for the development of brain as it boosts your thinking and understanding. It enhances your critical thinking and analytical skills. It also improves the brain function. Reading gives you knowledge, information and new perception.
2) Self Improvement: Reading helps you develop positive thinking. Reading is important because it develops your mind and gives you excessive knowledge and lessons of life. It helps you understand the world around you better. It keeps your mind active and enhances your creative ability.
3) Reduces Stress: No matter how stressed or depressed you are due to personal life, work or any other problem in your life, reading a good book reduces your stress completely and enhances your mood. Reading helps you calm down your mind, releases strain from the muscles and slows down your heart rate.
4) Increases Knowledge: Active reading is the process that enables lifelong learning. It is an avid thirst for knowledge. Books enable you to have glimpse in to cultures, traditions, arts, history, geography, health, psychology and several other subjects and aspects of life. You get amazing amount of knowledge and information from books.
5) Develops your Analytical Skills: By active reading you explore several aspects of life. It involves questioning what you read. It helps you develop your thoughts and express your opinions. You engage your mind in understanding and thinking higher. You start comparing your perspective to the writer’s perspective. New ideas and thoughts pop up in your mind by active reading. It stimulates and develops your brain and gives you a new perspective.
6) Boosts your Imagination and Creativity: Reading takes you to the world of imagination and enhances your creativity. Reading helps you explore life from different perspectives. While you read books you are building new and creative thoughts, images and opinions in your mind. It makes you think creatively, fantasize and use your imagination.
7) Improves Communication: Active reading increases your vocabulary exponentially. You learn the art of using words creatively and effectively. You are able to communicate your thoughts and ideas effectively. Overall it will boost your confidence and enhance your communication skills.
8) Reading is Pleasure: Not only is reading important for knowledge and information but it is an addiction. Once you indulge yourself into reading a good book, you will surely get addicted to it. It offers intense pleasure to read a good fiction and entre a whole new world. You go through several new feelings and emotions while you read.
Reading is one of the most interesting habits one can possess. It is important to develop the habit of reading daily. We can reap the aforementioned benefits once we develop the habit of reading.