Essay on Reading is Good Habit
Reading is one of the most important habits one needs to develop in life. It is rightly quoted that books are your best companions. Good books can inform you, enlighten you and lead you to the right direction. There is no better companion than a good book. Books give you a whole new experience. Developing reading habit from early age leads to enduring love for books.
Why is Good Reading Habit Important?
1) Sharpens your Mind: Reading is vital for the development of brain as it boosts your thinking and understanding. It enhances your critical thinking and analytical skills. It also improves the brain function. Reading gives you knowledge, information and new perception.
2) Self Improvement: Reading helps you develop positive thinking. Reading is important because it develops your mind and gives you excessive knowledge and lessons of life. It helps you understand the world around you better. It keeps your mind active and enhances your creative ability.
3) Reduces Stress: No matter how stressed or depressed you are due to personal life, work or any other problem in your life, reading a good book reduces your stress completely and enhances your mood. Reading helps you calm down your mind, releases strain from the muscles and slows down your heart rate.
4) Increases Knowledge: Active reading is the process that enables lifelong learning. It is an avid thirst for knowledge. Books enable you to have glimpse in to cultures, traditions, arts, history, geography, health, psychology and several other subjects and aspects of life. You get amazing amount of knowledge and information from books.
5) Develops your Analytical Skills: By active reading you explore several aspects of life. It involves questioning what you read. It helps you develop your thoughts and express your opinions. You engage your mind in understanding and thinking higher. You start comparing your perspective to the writer’s perspective. New ideas and thoughts pop up in your mind by active reading. It stimulates and develops your brain and gives you a new perspective.
6) Boosts your Imagination and Creativity: Reading takes you to the world of imagination and enhances your creativity. Reading helps you explore life from different perspectives. While you read books you are building new and creative thoughts, images and opinions in your mind. It makes you think creatively, fantasize and use your imagination.
7) Improves Communication: Active reading increases your vocabulary exponentially. You learn the art of using words creatively and effectively. You are able to communicate your thoughts and ideas effectively. Overall it will boost your confidence and enhance your communication skills.
8) Reading is Pleasure: Not only is reading important for knowledge and information but it is an addiction. Once you indulge yourself into reading a good book, you will surely get addicted to it. It offers intense pleasure to read a good fiction and entre a whole new world. You go through several new feelings and emotions while you read.
Reading is one of the most interesting habits one can possess. It is important to develop the habit of reading daily. We can reap the aforementioned benefits once we develop the habit of reading.
My School Library
School library is the place where wide range of academic books and resources are available. The books are made available to all the students throughout the year to increase knowledge, understanding and performance on various subjects. School library is essential for learning and teaching process. Library facilitates each student with access to essential resources and learning material for a smooth learning process. It plays a vital role in student’s life. The design, modern tools and strategies of the school libraries change with the changing times.
The types of books we can have access to in school libraries are, fiction books, non-fiction books, reference books, literature books, biographies, General Knowledge books, Fables and folktales, cookbooks and craft books, poetry books, books in a series, wordless books and so on.
Importance of School Library
Facilitates and provides suitable and flexible learning space for students. These days libraries are equipped with digital tools and technologies which make it easy and fast to research on the subjects.
It provides us with quality fiction and nonfiction books that encourage us to read more for pleasure and enrich our intellectual, artistic, cultural, social and emotional growth.
The ambiance of the school library is perfect for learning without getting disturbed. This makes it easy for us to learn and grasp faster.
We can borrow the books as per our requirement for further learning at home. Apart from the books on various subjects we can also borrow books of our interest such as story books, biographies, comic books and novels.
We can improve our general knowledge by reading GK books. It helps in the development of mind and boosts our confidence.
With in-depth knowledge on the subjects of interest we get insight of new and more interesting dimensions.
We can take reference from a wide range of books to complete our school assignments. We can also refer books for making notes and preparing for exams. It also helps in developing vocabulary, reading and writing skills.
Provides teachers the access to professional development, relevant information and reference material to plan and implement effective learning programs.
Collaborates with the teachers for effective learning plan and implementation of the programs that help us acquire skills, collect and evaluate information and solve problems.
School library is helpful to every member of school community whether its students, teachers or any other staff member. It helps gain skills and knowledge for personal development.
School library has a positive impact on the academic performance of the students. It helps us develop the overall skills necessary to succeed in modern day digital and social environment. It is important to develop the habit of visiting library regularly.
Whatever we learn in classrooms should be supplemented with reading and research done in library. This will make studies more interesting and profound. The range and quality of books available in libraries is the best. As a student we can’t buy or have access to such wide range of books elsewhere. Thus, libraries play a vital role in our studies. The knowledge that we gain remains with us for life time.
Picnic with Family
The series of examinations made my brain tired of long hours of study and I badly needed a time out with my family. As for my family, they too had not been gone for any outing for the past few years and hence, after the last exam, I decided to call up my aged uncle who lives in another city and ask him to come over with his family. It was time for a family picnic where parents and kids could meet for a reunion and spend a day happily.
Deciding the Place
While my little nephew and niece jumped for the waterpark, my cousin called for the city memorial park and the elders wanted to go to the riverside picnic spot. Finally I and my sister-in-law suggested the countryside farm where my cousin could enjoy photography, kids could interact with farm animals and parents could explore the farm. Everyone jumped in unison and I called the farm owner to confirm our picnic visit the day after.
Waking up early and getting ready for the picnic outing, we finally set out in our car. The owner had verified our visit that day and also prescribed the route to be taken to reach his farm. My Mother and aunt had packed breakfast for us which were finished in no time. From the well paved city highway, we took the sideway path that led us to the outskirts where the farm is situated. The pasture fields on both sides of the road and the country cottages kept us charmed till we reached the farm.
The cheerful old owner was standing in front of the gate to greet us and his friendliness immediately made all of us comfortable. He escorted us to the rustic cottage where the brick fireplace made us feel cozy. We were served homemade cakes and breads before he took us to the petting farm.
My nephew and niece were screaming in joy seeing the large cocks and hens, rabbits, cows, buffalos, ponies and horses roaming about freely. The owner also gave us grains to feed the birds and grass to feed the animals. The best part however was the pony rides, which the kids thoroughly enjoyed.
My uncle and father remained with the kids and animals while my mother and aunt were busy in the barn kitchen preparing the lunch. Meanwhile I, my cousin and sister-in-law accompanied the owner, had a look at his vast farm where he grew sunflowers, grapes, pumpkins, tomatoes, potatoes and radishes.
As it was the harvest time, he let us pick the vegetables and grapes to bring back home as well as use for lunch specials with eggs and meat dishes obtained from the farm only. After having a scrumptious lunch together on the large table, all of us decided to interact with the owner, take a walk around the farm and fondle the animals, before setting out for home with a relaxed and stress free mind.
Although meeting the relatives regularly is not possible, thanks to our tight schedules but a quick plan for picnic brought all of us together to have endless chitchats, have food together and visit a new place together. The day ended with a heavy heart but the memory will remain forever.